This doll buggy parade was part of the festivities on July 4th, 1913. The photo was taken looking south on Third Street, between Oak and Cascade. Most of the buildings on the block are still around, though the building on the SW corner of Oak and Third was razed to make room for the Butler Bank Building. This is one of the last photos of downtown with dirt streets. Bonds were sold to fund street paving just two weeks later.
The first four girls are identified as Norma Young, Kathryn Morris, Ardie Jones, and Georgiana Slocum.
Category: [Downtown Hood River]
As a mom myself this is so cute...and then there are all those pretty white dresses and that very dirty street.
Connie on 18th April 2011 @ 4:19pm